Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mr. Rufus - SOLD

5X7" watercolor card on acid free paper. I kind of went off kilter and decided to paint a bird. My bird. Mr. Rufus. There's actually a bit of a bird theme going around the studio. No, I'm not talking about Rufus. But, birds in general. I created these tiny paintings of birds a year or so ago to place into jewelry. Little 1" paintings. It was fun and they are so incredibly cute. These tiny paintings hung around in a box on my drafting table for a long time. Pretty much looked like this Rufus painting but, in all different colors and poses. I'll need to take a picture. Anyway, Muriel shows up a year later with these tiny birds someone gave her from, I think, India. And, my brain had a flash. Look! and I pulled out my paintings. It's amazing how in art and in life common themes seem to reoccur. I will take pictures. It's just a neat coincidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment