Friday, July 2, 2021

July 2. Oyster 2. $50. 9 x 12 Oil and gold leaf on yupo paper. This is palette knife and will take some time to dry. Well folks. I got one of my wishes come true with the painting of the very first oyster. My brain clicked on and I was up all night tossing and turning with images flipping through my brain. Inspiration has started. I got up and did some quick thumbnails of all the different images as quickly as I could so I don’t lose them. I am now asking for a third birthday wish, and that is that I get a good nights sleep along with inspiration, so I physically have energy to carry them out. I actually had a deep dream (which I like) about painting a huge oyster and that’s where these sketches come in. I worked extensively with gold leaf at the lamp studio @mclementstudio and have always wanted to try to incorporate it into some paintings.


via Instagram https://instagr.am/p/CQ1zQf6FT9c/

No comments:

Post a Comment