Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Heathers Rose Vase

Give a child a piece of mud! Hey Everyone. The show was extremely successful with over 200 people showing up. It was a great celebration. Since then, I have taken a break from painting for just a short time. I have taken this time to lay down the leaf tiles along with the other tiles in my bedroom. And! I am creating the tiles for the backsplash of my kitchen. I can't wait to show pics of this when it is all done. Meanwhile, I gave a private lesson to four eleven year old girls and they did spectacular. Afterwards... one of the girls took in upon herself to dig up clay in her backyard on the bayou and create on her own. Today she showed up with this! I just got goosebumps and tears of joy. I can't believe one two hour lesson inspired this young person. I don't know if I've felt this much joy creating something on my own. Way to go Heather! I am very proud. (Of course this is still wet bayou clay. I will post again after it has been glazed.) Can you believe?

1 comment:

  1. I'm still in awe of her! she made this entirely on her own - even the tools were things found around the house. We had to force her to bed the first night, but she was up at the crack of dawn the next day.

    ReplyDelete