Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christmas Tree - $50.00

9" X 12" Watercolor on Paper - It's January again and things are starting to slow down... just a bit. November and December are just crazy in the retail business. Not to mention, I've been teaching pottery classes, which has brought a whole new energy to the studio. I think the neatest people take pottery classes! I also sold tons of jewelry in December. This year I created a new fleur de li pendant and sold about 80 of them. Every single one is gone! I've had request to make more of them and am going to extend the line to some other imagery. (Got an idea here). I took a five day watercolor workshop with Judi Betts. Do a google for her name. She is very talented and just a complete inspiration. She sketches on different colored paper and is capable of capturing to much information with just the very minimal of lines. So.. I'm taking a step back to my past and forcing myself to sketch again... hoping to also be able to capture imagery in a very different spontaneous way. Bare with me as I sketch? Lord knows what? day by day. These sketches are not meant to be sold. Of course as I get better... you might just want one. They are going to be more of a journal and exercise for me. Some days may be better than others. So Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and Happy Mardi Gras! Can't wait to hear what you all have been up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment